by Bob McCauley, CNC, MH
The function of the skin:
- It is our largest organ
- Protects our internal organs from injury and infection.
- Protects us from dehydration.
- Helps detoxify wastes through perspiration.
- Protects our body from sunburns.
- Provides an important line of defense against infections – barrier to viruses and bacteria.
- Protects us against extreme changes in temperature between us and the environment.
- Produces and stores vitamin D, which is important to our immune system.
- Sensory perception.
- Gives information to our brain so you can react to it for self-preservation.
What I recommend to do to care for your skin:
- Alkaline ionized water for drinking
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Acid Ionized Water
- Showering – hot and cold water
- Skin brushing
- Dermatological wash cloth or a loofah
- Volcanic ash – clay – ex-foliation.
- Chlorella powder with CGF Powder
- Witch Hazel (plant extract).
- Shea Butter for a moisturizer.
- Snow Fungus – THE BEST!! Soak in water a few minutes and then apply to the skin. I love it.
- Internally: Angstrom silicon, sulfur (MSM), olive oil, coconut oil.
- Foods: avocado, raw nuts. Raw potato juice There are also lots of other foods and herbs great for the skin.
One of the worse things are commercial beauty products such as Lancôme, Clinique – They are full of chemicals such as parabens.