New Year’s Resolutions from a Health Guru
Bob McCauley, ND
Drink more water. Drinking either spring water or sufficiently filtered tap water is the best thing you can do for your health. If possible, drink ionized water. The cause of most disease is insufficient hydration of the body’s cells. Chronic cellular dehydration causes more disease than anything else. 70% of all chronic disease would be seriously abated or completely gone if people simply drink enough water.
- Eat less animal protein. Eating cooked animal protein, meat, fish, eggs, and dairy causes more disease than any other activity other than not drinking enough water.
- Eat more raw foods. Raw is the law. Raw fruits and vegetables rejuvenate the body at a cellular level as well as alkalizes it.
- Eat less cooked foods. When you cook a Raw-food you oxidize it, you raise the oxidation reduction potential (ORP) of the food. When you consume such a food you raise the ORP of your body and therefore accelerate the aging process.
- Eat less processed foods. Foods that are highly processed contain almost no nutrition whatsoever. These simply fill in for the stomach that turns off the hunger switch in the brain.
- Eat more Spirulina and chlorella. These are the two most powerful foods in the world and what we should use for our protein rather than animal protein. They are the most nutritionally dense foods and have the broadest array of nutrients of any food.
- Exercise more often, daily if possible. Exercise builds the immune system in ways that water and nutrition cannot. Many raw foodists do not exercise nor do they suggest that people exercise, in part large part because I think they’re lazy. Exercise and staying positive are essential to being healthy.
- Get sufficient rest. This is one of the most understated yet important aspects of natural health. If you let the body get run down and spent without rejuvenating it great health is not possible. I personally sleep around 7 hours each night. Some people can get away with less; some others require more, it is imperative that each person get the amount of rest that is right for them.
- Stay positive. If you follow my Seven Component Health Protocol you will be healthy. However, if you have a negative outlook you will undo your efforts to be healthy. You must have a Positive Mental Attitude to stay healthy.
10. Be thankful for each day that you are healthy. And when I was sick in the summer of 2011, and then a night China I was in great pain. I thought to myself how many people must live with that kind of pain every day of our lives, writhing at the hands of some disease that is attacking them. After I took the miracle mineral and felt so much better I vowed never to take my great health for granted again. Health is one of the greatest blessings we can possibly have in our lives. Here is a simply way to get started in 2012 to being the Healthiest Person you have ever known.