By Dr. Bob McCauley
- Holy Basil Is Known As the “Elixir Of Life”
- Legendary Ability to Promote Longevity
- Radiation Removal Properties
- An Adaptogen: Strengthens the Body’s Response to Physical/Emotional Stress
- Promotes Balance and Homeostasis Throughout the Body
- Holy Basil Supports the Cardiovascular System
- Regulates Insulin Levels to Help Balance Blood Sugar
- Holy Basil has Healing Power
- Excellent For Digestion
- Supports the Respiratory System
- Contains Antibacterial, Antifungal Properties
- Contains Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Holy Basil is known as the “Elixir of Life” because of its legendary ability to promote longevity. It is an adaptogen meaning it enhances the body’s natural response to physical and emotional stress, promoting balance and homeostasis in the body. Holy Basil supports the cardiovascular system and regulates insulin levels. It has healing power. It is excellent for digestion and the respiratory system. It has Antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
The health benefits of holy basil, also known as tulsi, include oral care, relief from respiratory disorders, as well as treatment of fever, asthma, lung disorders, heart diseases and stress. Holy Basil, which has the scientific name Ocimum Sanctum is undoubtedly one of the best medicinal herb that has been discovered.
Basil is well known for removing radiation from the body. The radio-protective effects of Holy Basil are mainly attributed to the flavonoids, orientin and vicenin contained in the herb. These flavonoids have been shown to protect against radiation-induced cellular damage in human cells through increased anti-oxidant properties that include enzymes, free radical scavenging and reduced lipid peroxidation.