By Dr. Bob McCauley
Matt wrote in with a question:
I would like a recommendation(s) or book recommendation on how to set up pre-filtration before the water ionizer. My home is a average sized ranch home and I would like to use my kitchen sink for the ionizer.
You can install a water filter housing under the counter – it requires a plumber:
You can install a water filter housing on the counter top – no plumber required:
I would recommend this filter as our best overall filter option, carbon, KDF, Particulate (sediment) all-in-one filter:
PP/GAC Triple Function Nano-Zinc Filter (Included)
The macromolecular technique of nano-zinc is a patented filter only available through Taiwan Filter Corporation, the inventor and manufacturer of the filter.
• Significantly reduces bacteria growth.
• Non cross-contamination between filter media.
• Avoid deteriorated filtration effect for the enclosure of the biofilms of the system.
• Combined with standard PP sediment or inhibit bacteria growth PP and GAC function together.
• Removes particulate and odors. High capacity particulate storage.
• High volume, low pressure capacity.
• Formed by wrapping PP-GAC without use of any binders and adhesives.
• High capacity chlorine reduction.
• Coconut shell activated carbon.