1) Meat is extremely acidic and deposits a great deal of acid into the body where it collects in the joints and around the organs, creating an overall more acid profile in the body. Slaughterhouses are currently using techniques that tenderize the meat by electrocuting it repeatedly, which releases even more of the acid in the meat.
2) Meat contains no dietary fiber whatsoever, a critical component of human health. This makes meat very difficult to digest.
3) Meat contains absolutely no enzymes once it has been cooked, another critical component of human health.
4) Meat contains a limited number of nutrients other than protein. One of them is Vitamin B-12, one of the few good sources of that nutrient. However, the Vitamin B Complex operates optimally with all the B Vitamins present, B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6 (Pyridoxine), B12 (Cobalamin).
5) The proteins found in meat must be broken down into amino acids and reformed into human proteins. This is inefficient and requires more energy to process than vegetable amino acids, which are considered predigested protein.
6) Cancer patients are told by their doctors to avoid meat because it encourages the spread of the disease. We can easily conclude from this is encourages the disease to start as well.
7) Enormous amounts of hormones, steroids, antibiotics and other medications are regularly injected into the beef cattle meant for human consumption.
8) Slaughterhouses are notoriously filthy. E-coli and the removal of hay from the cattle’s diet.
9) Raising cattle and other livestock for slaughter is far more costly than vegetable protein. For instance, Spirulina farming operations typically produce over 200,000 pounds (91,000 kg) of Spirulina per year on only fifteen acres of land. Since Spirulina is 60% protein, that calculates to a staggering 120,000 pounds (54,500 kg) of protein per year or 8,000 pounds per acre. This far exceeds the yield of other high protein crops such as triticale grain, kamu and even soybeans. The amount of protein derived from cattle per acre is negligible compared with that of either Spirulina or Chlorella.
10) We eat for taste and only for taste. The nutritional benefits of meat are far out-weighed by the negative effects it has on the body.
Algae is also a much cleaner crop to produce since there is no manure or fertilizer used to grow the algae. Thus there is no possibility of contamination from commercial manure or chemical fertilizers and of course there is no run off pollution from them.